61,000 s.f. two story prototype elementary school, Type “E” Occupancy. Construction Type V8, fully sprinklered building containing classrooms, commons, media center, gymnasium and warming kitchen and detached 3,200 s.f. covered play, a 2-hour fire wall separates the school into two buildings, Buildings 1 and 2, for compliance with total allowable area for a multistory building.
OHSU Center for Health & Healing 2 (CHH 2) project adds two buildings totaling 715,000 SF to the existing CHH 1 facility at the South Waterfront. The 15-story mixed-use satellite outpatient healthcare facility includes ambulatory surgery, outpatient clinics, and clinical research labs for the Knight Cancer Institute. The 11-story building includes a 5-story above ground parking garage, a conference center, and a 5-story, 72-unit adult and pediatric guest patient housing facility to be operated by Ronald McDonald House Charities. The new buildings are connected to each other by a tunnel, and they are connected to CHH 1 by a 2-story sky bridge.
Multnomah County is replacing the 1923 McCoy building at 426 SW Stark with a new “modern, durable, flexible and efficient’’ nine-story building. The site takes up half of a block on Northwest Sixth Avenue between Irving and Hoyt streets. It was chosen in part to give residents easy access: It’s right on a MAX line. It will also have a special drop-off space for patients.